Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections On Week One

The only thing I can think of that might effect me in this class is my schedule, balancing Basketball, Volleyball, and Golf will be challenging. It should only effect me on days where I have a late game. The worst that it could do is make me turn in a assignment a day late, no big deal.

I think the coolest learning experience I had was when my cousin and I sat down and talked super late about his job. Hes a mechanical engineer, and works for Oxi a major corporation that drills oil and sends it to different companies to be refined. I want to be a petroleum engineer so as you can imagine I just kept asking away with every question that came to mind. We Were sitting in my grandmas living room, and I think we talked tell 1 a.m. I learned that when its a subject i'm interested in I will absorb the information more.

So far I am most concerned about the amount of work! It has all been kind of overwhelming, but i'm sure it will get a little easier. The thing I want to draw from this class is a more open mind, and learn to think deeper. Teachers always ask you to "think deeper" and "read in-between the lines" this is something I have never been to good at doing I normally just read because the teacher assigns it. Hopefully I can change this bad habit I have acquired. Open source learning is also going to be something that will help me thorough out the rest of my education because most college courses you will use your laptop a lot. This class will get me comfortable with typing and maneuvering the computer in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment