Monday, December 8, 2014

Intro to poetry

To start this off, I'm not really a huge fan of poetry. To me it is kind of confusing and just a little boring. This could just be because I have never really looked for a poem that would interest me. Maybe I will do that. 
   The poem we decided we like best was Working Together by David Whyte. It is a fairly short poem. It is written in lines of 2 with the I blank line in between, and the lines only consist of 3-5 words. What I think he's saying in this poem is we try and make ourselfs into the person we think the world will accept, and a lot of times that doesn't work so the "world" re- shapes us again. The tone of this poem is uplifting, and as I read it over and over again to gain more depth in it I start to get inspired. It's almost as if I can picture a epic Gatorade commercial with them reading this poem in the background, while a athlete is training hard towards his goal. Then his team come along side him also working extremely hard because thy all have the same "common goal" this is what I got from the poem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment